<VV> Front Suspension Bushing

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 10:24:24 EDT 2007

I am a bit out of my league in doing suspension work - I prefer to work upright at my age, and the explanation from a couple of folks on the rear u-joint bolts was great and appreciated. For those that missed it, it appears someone had swapped in an entire '66 180 drive train into the '65 rust bucket that is donating it to a better body. But, now I am faced with installing one of those nylon Pitman arm bushings to take up slop in the steering. The instructions with it say just remove the old bushing and rubber and it just pushes in - but it doesn't want to come out of the arm. Any tips for getting it out and installed? I also have some NOS bushings, and wonder if you would recommend one over the nylon. They do, however, require removal of the arm. Thanks,
Grant
Sorry to hear about Tony. He and his wife put me and mine to shame dancing at the convention in Daytona several years ago...I was also very flattered when he asked me to build some carbs for him. RIP.