<VV> Front Suspension Bushing

Dennis & Debbie PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Thu Jun 7 11:10:17 EDT 2007

There are two types of Nylon or Delrin bushings.  One type requires the
rubber and the shell to be removed and the other only requires the rubber to
be removed.

If you have the kind that requires the shell to be removed, I find it easier
to remove the drag link and do it on the bench.  Be careful not to damage
the rubber grease seals on the tie rod ends and idler arm, when removing the
shell.

If you have the type that doesn't require the shell to be removed, pull the
bolt out and then pull the rubber out.  It's usually pretty easy to remove.
  Then insert the new bushing, replace the bolt and tighten the nut.  Using
this type of bushing make this a 15 minute job.

I hadn't done the one that requires the shell be removed in a lot of years
until last summer when I was installing on a friends car.  I did it on the
car and used a whole bunch of words I shouldn't be using.

dp