<VV> Valve Seats

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Thu Jun 7 14:27:02 EDT 2007

Well add me to the list of dropped valve seats.  Number 2, Intake.

I know we just kicked this around not long ago but I need some advice.  I
have a spare 140 in the basement.  I am about to pull the heads on that
engine and see what shape they are in.  I am thinking I will have all the
valve seats replaced.  I spent about $400 on the last heads and only got 4K
out of it.  I did not replace the valve seats.

Anyway, Clark's sells valve seats in +.005, +.010 and +.030.  Do these
require the holes in the heads to be enlarged to accept the new seats or can
they all be pressed into a stock head?  Any recommendations as to which
oversize to use?

Thanks,

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY