<VV> Valve Seats

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 18:24:54 EDT 2007

Cliff,
If you don't know what you are doing with valve seats you can do a lot of
damage by installing them wrong and they will just fall out again.  Also  after
changing valve seats and/or guides the valve seats must be ground to  insure
the valve face matches the seat face perfectly.  Take the heads to  an expert
with aluminum heads to have the seats changed.  Doing it wrong is  NOT better
than not doing it at all in this case.  I don't know who in the  Lexington area
can do Corvair heads properly but if you contact your local  Corvair club
members I'm sure they will have good advise as who to take them to  and who to
stay clear of for head work.

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Corson's Classic Corvairs

Riverside, CA