<VV> re: more newbie questions

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Thu Jun 7 19:12:01 EDT 2007

CJ,

     Most Camaro wheels, possibly all of them, are the same all the way around.   The 15x7's I'm told have 4.25 inch backspacing and work nicely.  Make sure the Camaro wheels are from a "third gen" Camaro.  Older ones might work but I know the backspace is very very different on the 1993 and new Camaro's.

     As far as the spoiler, there is a "yenko style" spoiler available from Clarks, I think I'll be installing one on my car.  I don't know about installing a 69 Camaro spoiler on a vair, if that works someone please let me know!  I saw a camaro spoiler on a Vair once and it didnt fit quite right so I didn't like it.. but I think it was from a 67-68 car.

     I have done a lot of research... and by research I mean bugging everyone on VV with questions..... on what wheel and tire sizes work on a late model Corvair.  I havent actually made my purchase yet, but I'll be happy to give you some advice and information.

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 under construction
www.myspace.com/vairnuts