<VV> RE: Tony Fiore

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 21:33:43 EDT 2007

I didn't get enough chance to visit with Tony, but in my brief contacts I was enriched. I bought a copy of The Corvair Decade shortly after I joined CORSA in 1996 and was honored to have him autograph my copy at the Daytona convention. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it cover-to-cover, and also frequently refer to it for information and to show unenlightened people what a Corvair is.

  Tony always came across as young at heart - I remember him running the autocross at the Daytona convention - and a friend to all Corvair fans.

  When my daughter Leigh was stranded on the side of the road with her Spyder in Florida, far from her Virginia home, she called me on her cell phone. I posted a plea for help on Virtual Vairs, and Tony was one of the first to respond.

  Tony will be very much missed as a friend to all Corvair folks. He and his many contributions will not be forgotten soon.

  Good bye and God bless you.

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on