<VV> Next Generation--My 18 yr olds

John Green jgreen at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 7 22:26:11 EDT 2007

We have owned our 1965 Monza convertible for almost four years. My twin sons
were very interested at first, and one removed the drivetrain and replaced
the clutch almost by himself. Both lost interest over the past year, I
suspect because my antique car insurance did not allow them to drive the
car, This past week I changed to an insurance carrier that would allow them
to drive the car while under my supervision. What a change in attitude! We
have spent the past several evenings with them driving around a local park,
learning how to handle the four-speed transmission. The car is now "cool."

John Green
1965 Monza convertible