<VV> Corvair full circle and RPM question

Connie hanssmom at cox.net
Thu Jun 7 22:19:48 EDT 2007

Most of you know that in 1969 or so, there was a Corsa convertible in the
family earmarked for the only daughter (me).  You may or may not know, that
this same daughter got a little stupid in her teens and the vert promptly
disappeared.  Always a sore subject.  Well, tonight, my father came up and
re-taught himself how to balance carbs while attempting to teach me.   After
a couple hours of father/daughter bonding, I insisted on a test drive.  He
hemmed and hawed, had to get going, etc. etc.  I threatened to crimp off his
oxygen hose and then finally said, "Dad, please?"    50 miles of curvy roads
later, what should have been finally was.

Now...I had a great time with Dad and all but, what RPM should the car be at
idle?  I'm thinking he got a little clockwise happy with the adjustment
screw.   It was at 300 when we started and 1000 when he finished.

Connie

65 Corsa 140/4

Iowa