<VV> the "next generation" of Corvair enthusiasts

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Jun 8 23:46:23 EDT 2007

My mother's Corvair (63 500 PG coupe) was fun, and my brothers and I even
decided to "test" whether it would really flip over, and nearly got arrested
in the school parking lot (at night), but never got it to do anything but
spin out.

I ordered a new 1968 Mustang fastback, 302/345 HP, special order job (engine
cost more than the car !) and put $1000 down on it.

Then I drove my buddy's 65 Corsa 140 coupe and immediately fell in love, and
angry at myself for dumping my money on that Mustang.

Later, the dealer called to tell me they couldn't provide the "special
order" engine (only 500 were made) and tried to convince me to take a 427, a
428, or anything else, just to keep the sale.

That's when I learned "breach of contract" and got my deposit back, and paid
for my first 65 Corsa 140 convert in full

I got lucky (especially if I think of how much trouble I could have had with
that car at that age !)

I got my first Corvairs - and NO PAYMENTS !!!!

Let your young friends drive yours BEFORE they put a big down payment on the
WRONG car !!!!

PS : My buddy told all the girls it was a "Camaro" to impress them, but they
were really impressed with my yellow convert with the white interior - a
prettier car was never made (for her), and handling (for me) - what a deal !