<VV> Little Corvair- Compressors again

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 15:01:52 EDT 2007

IMHO...

If you can afford the 175PSI compressor, get it. You'd be amazed how much
better an impact wrench works!  With a regulator, you can drive more modest
loads safely.
I got a 120 PSI Craftsman oilless years ago, and it works OK.  Then my buddy
got a 175 PSI model, and WOW...
So, my brother got my old one as a birthday present, and I have the 175 PSI
model. LOVE it. And with OLD cars with rusted hardware, that added pressue is
a  blessing.
If all you're using are air tools, you don't need a huge compressor, and
with a large enough tank, even multiple tools simultaneously aren't much of a
problem. If you're sandblasting, that's a different matter. There, flow is
everything.
And my garage is piped with copper tubing, refrigeration grade, with silver
soldered connections. I figure if it's good enough for HOT 450 PSI R410a
refrigerant, compressed air isn't much of a challenge.

In a message dated 6/9/2007 1:14:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,