<VV> Dir.Sw solved,kinda

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Jun 9 17:05:11 EDT 2007

Folks
  Wanted to drive the EUM to the CORSA NC/SC gathering at Bruce Hewitt's place today, so I got my parts and put the cancelling arm on the dir switch this AM.

Only one problem. The screw that goes through the arm (the 3rd of the 3 screws that holds the switch to the metal base plate on a 65-66 Column) wont go in.
It appears that the head of the screw (original AFAIK) is too big for the hole in the cancelling arm.  I'm figuring I'd just have to grind the head of the screw smaller to get it to go in,  But I was wondering if anyone has had this problem putting a new cancelling arm on an original switch.

I still drove the car to the meet, and cracked my spoiler in the process. Fibreglass is fixable though.

 Met Bruce Shug for the first time today, though I've been reading his stuff on V V since I came on in 97, AFAICR.  It was my pleasure, Bruce.

Saw the red (REALLY RED)Corsa owned by Charlotte Club member Dick Charest today.  I'd say that in the 20 years I've been seriously involved with Corviairs, it's the nicest overall restoration I've seen to date. Many Many trick engineering changes.  Richard Jenkins and his crew put a gazillion hours over 7 months on this car, and it looks it.

Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks in advance
Hank