<VV> Re: the next generation/pekin Car show

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Sat Jun 9 20:11:02 EDT 2007

JR  made it to the Pekin Car display,  as did 18 other  Corvairs.  He was
late,  but we fed him anyway.   Wonderful day in a nice park,  plenty of
on-lookers including one possible new member.

The other great news is that a car load (4) youngsters - late teens/early
twenties,  2 couples -- also stopped by the show.Not sure how they heard
about the display.  they initially parked in the adjoining parking lot.
When we spotted the Corvair,  we found the owners and invited them to join
us.  I think they were thrilled.  They had been admiring all the nice paint
jobs,  clean engine bays etc that the other 18 Corvairs sported this day.
We did persuade them to park with the Corvairs.  Their car was a daily
driver,  with the usual illinois rust,  old paint,  etc.   Most likely
ignored at typical car shows.   Being good Corvair folk,  when presented
with a "new" Corvair,  we flocked over to take a look.   It was a
surprisingly clean driver.

We all had a good time including the youngsters who stayed until we all
left.

Life is good.

tim mahler
PCCA editor