<VV> Re: the next generation

Bill Chellis chelvis at camano.net
Sun Jun 10 00:02:04 EDT 2007

Speaking of the next generation, our club was invited to participate in a
local high school student car show yesterday (Friday).
A great opportunity to put our cars in front of young people. I realize for
some people participating meant burning a vacation day, but out of 100+
Corvair club members that were notified of the event only 4 members and 3
cars show up.

The up side: out of all the non-student cars present, no model outnumbers
the 3 Corvairs present.

Bill Chellis

> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 10:49:33 -0400
> From: "Ray Rodriguez" <reray at echoes.net>
> Subject: <VV> Re: the next generation
>      No offense taken mike,   if you reread my original post you will
notice the first sentence is a disclaimer stating that this is "only my
opinion".

>      Obviously there are going to be plenty of exceptions to any
generalization made about any demographic..... the only thing I was trying
to do was give an insight into what I feel would grab the attention of a
sizeable share of the younger auto enthusiasts.

>      Actually, the suggestions I made are primarily aimed at simply
getting them to notice Corvairs to begin with... probably a fair number
would get into stockers, or maybe even FC's, boats, buggies, planes, and
ultravans later on... who knows.   What I do know is you have to "plant the
seed" and I think my suggestions give the best odds of successfully doing
so.