<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 29, Issue 30

Philip Hartline philandcaroll at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 9 23:58:28 EDT 2007

The best info I have heard on fires happened on early models, and has
nothing to do with gas tanks. When the heater hose on the drivers side
droops over time, it can contact the electrical connections on the starter.
This causes a short, an arc, and the hose can begin to burn. That is the
only fire issue I am aware of that is worth paying particular attention to
during a rebuild. So make sure your heater hoses are well tied up out of the
way, and you have no problems.

Phil
'64 Spyder Convertible

Message: 8