<VV> the crazy things people say about Vairs'

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Mon Jun 11 10:37:15 EDT 2007

Sez Tony,

"You just can't save everyone...  all you can do is try to be not too
close when they go off."

He's so right.  Most of the comments I get have been pretty positive.  I had
fun showing the 66 off to a couple of young guys at the local Auto Zone.
One had at least heard of the car, the other was amazed.  Never knew GM made
such a car, pretty cool.  Also, I've shared before the good time I had with
a bunch of 20 somethings at the used tire store.  They were all over the
car.  They wanted to take pictures of it, especially the engine.  Great
time.  I've only had the car on the road for less than a year, and already
have had many enjoyable encounters.  Most recently, I was getting gas and of
course stopped with the fuel tank door close to the pumps.  This meant my
car was partially blocking the pump behind me.  The guy gets out of his car
and approaches me.  I thought he was going to ask me to pull up a little,
but no, he just wanted to get a good look at the car.  His uncle used to
have one and he remembered how much he liked it.

Then, last weekend, I run into a bombastic know it all who tears into a
tirade about what a great thing Ralph did by getting them banned.  I spent
about 5 minutes and gave up.  I'm almost 55 and I figure I only have a few
good years left and don't want to waste too much time arguing with idiots.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY
66 Monza