<VV> CLutch revisited continues:

Kerry and jan B deaconone at teleweb.net
Wed Jun 13 07:51:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

First I'd like to thank everyone that has taken time to answer my
questions. Without your help this would have been a much harder project!

Having said that I have yet another question. This one I am not so sure
I want to hear the answer to.

Does anyone know who much play there should be in the fork asm. when
moving it in and out? (in the same direction as you would move it when
you press the pedal) It is currently not connected to the linkage, pedal
etc. I'm trying to wrap my mind around the mechanics of this and it
seems to me that the amount of movement would be a function of friction
plate thickness..?  Thinner plate would move the pressure plate fingers
closer to the throw out bearing resulting in less play in fork movement?

I guess you can guess where this is coming from. I don't have a lot of
movement in the fork.

Or am I all wet...?

Thanks,

Kerry