<VV> Engine paint

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Jun 13 09:32:42 EDT 2007

Mike Wrote:  For the past 15-years, or so, I have had great success with Plasti-Kote brand, Classic Flat Black Lacquer (PN: 344). Now don't get scared, it's not really flat, but,
rather, dries to a mild sheen that looks very, very close to what the
General used.
  Smitty says:  Not to make a big deal of it, but for a likewise period of time I have been using Semi Gloss Krylon for the engine sheet metal.  I use no primer.  If allowed to dry 3-4 days it is impervious to fuel spills and does not soften from oil saturation.  Parts can be handled for instalation in 2 or 3 hours.  For the convenince of purchase (Wallyworld) and price, it is hard to beat.