<VV> Identifying bucket seats before ordering upholstery from Clark's

Greg Pirker gpirker at comcast.net
Fri Jun 15 09:12:24 EDT 2007

I had the body of my 65 'vert restored a number of years ago.  When I had
this done, I was given the opportunity to replace my bucket seats (which
were falling apart) with some mint seats from another model year (which I
believe was a 68 'vert.)  Anywho, I contacted Clark's recently about getting
upholstery from a 65 made to fit the frame of the seats I now own.  They
said they could do so for an 20% surcharge and a no return policy.  My only
issues is, I am not 100% sure which model year these seats came from.
Before I plop down $500+ and have no hope of returning the seat upholstery,
I was hoping someone could assist me in identifying the proper model year
for my bucket seats.  Nothing in any of the tomes of knowledge I own is
leading me one way or the other.

One other thought to throw out: if someone has seats from a 65 'vert and
would be willing to barter/trade for seats from a '68 vert, that might be an
option as well (depending on condition, etc.)

I can send photos if that would help.

Thanx in advance for your help

Greg Pirker
Pittsburgh, PA