<VV> Corvette Arises (No Corvair)

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sat Jun 16 08:22:20 EDT 2007

Funny thing about those "options"...the vette was only available with a
powerglide...the manual 3-speed didn't come out for it till 55 same as
the first year for the 265 V8...53s and 54s were all 236 6-cylinders
with 3 of our Carter YH carbs...looked cool though.

My dad's first jobs out of college were working GM's Parade of
Progress and then the GM Motorama so he saw those cars first hand as
show cars...he wasn't especially impressed...but I would have loved to
have had one...then or now.

Mark Noakes