<VV> Re: was vette arises- now inflation (no corvair)

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun Jun 17 09:36:19 EDT 2007

     I sure wish a new house only cost double the average annual salary
nowadays!  Cars might still be about a year salary, but in my area (in the
boonies of Pennsylvania) the cheapest new house you can get is around
$175,000... average salary around here is low.. probably $30,000 to $35,000.
Cheapest livable resale house is around $100,000 and thats not at all easy
to find in any but the worst neighborhoods. (I'm a Realtor.. I know!)

     Between the cost of housing and the cost of gas its not easy for a
young person to get on their feet these days.  I could only imagine what it
would be like if I owed 50 to 100K for college like so many do....

     Guess I'll just go back to tinkering with my Vair till the economy
explodes.

Ray