<VV> Gear Oil Blowing out Vent

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 14:31:36 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/17/2007 10:37:13 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Mikeamauro at aol.com writes:

For some  time now, my 67 PG coupe has had a propensity to blow axle gear
lube  out the vent.

Mike,
I don't really have a solution to your problem but here are some things to
consider.

Have you made any changes to your transmission/differential setup lately
that might affect this?

Possibly you are getting trans fluid into the diff causing an unwanted
pressure.There could be a seal going bad. What is the trans fluid level?

Also, there are at least two different dif covers having different  locations
of the relief valve. Maybe a change in cover might relocate the valve  to
prevent a loss of lube.

HTH.
Regards,
Bob Helt