<VV> RE: Was '54 Corvette, now "Value Analysis' LITTLE OR NO CORVAIR

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 16:21:15 EDT 2007

I checked the actual numbers and it appears that my original statement ('54
Corvette is more affordable than the '07 Corvette) is true but not by a wide
margin.

According to US Census data, the 1954 median family income was $4167 (vs a
Corvette price of roughly $3500), so about 9 months of income buys the car.
The '05 median family income (latest available data) was $56k, roughly the
same as the '05 Corvette price (12 months income buys the car).

It would be interesting to calculate the 10 year ownership cost of both
cars. I have no idea where that would fall.

Craig Nicol