<VV> Last convertible?

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Jun 18 12:33:50 EDT 2007

There is now on eBay a '69 purported to be #5997 and the last convertible.
Is this a relatively recent discovery?  I believe the 1999 30th Anniversary
Edition 1969 Corvair Fingertip Facts did not list this car and, indeed, said that
#5988 was the last convertible.  Is there a newer edition of the '69
Fingertip Facts book or an addendum available?  Also, if my feeble memory serves me
correctly, I believe that at the "St. Louis" convention ('98?) there was a side
trip to one of those everything-is-for-sale car museums and that they had what
they claimed was the last convertible.  I'm remembering a very low mileage
white car with a blue interior.  What gives?

~Bill Stanley