<VV> re: economy (warning: no corvair!)

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Mon Jun 18 12:03:11 EDT 2007

The info I quoted below is most likely due to most families being dual income vs. single income in 53.  It makes sense that the equivalent dollar value was cut in half once most families roughly doubled their income.  If you take what one guy used to make and apply the inflation figures... it comes out quite close to what a married couple with two full time workers makes now.  Of course that means guys like me who don't want to get married are screwed!!  (and that many families are forced to use daycare until school starts so they can pay their bills).  I'm getting dangerously close to politics so I'll clamp my mouth shut now!

I think using the regular vette not the ZO6 is fair, and 56k is about right.  They were just about 50K when I was selling them in 03' with most options equipped.

Ray R.