<VV> windshield trim clips

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Jun 18 16:58:39 EDT 2007

Once your glass is out, clean up this channel and repair as needed. Then
check the studs. The studs are mushroom shaped nails that the factory
put into the channel almost ramdomly. There was no real specific layout,
as I've seen them put on in any number of places. There is a replacement
on the aftermarket that has a Phillips head and screws in like a
self-tapping screw.

Then check the clips and their fit and location. They should be located
appropriately so as to hold the trim in the right places. It's then that
you can remove/relocate/replace the studs if/as needed. Then repaint the
channel as needed.

BTW, there are several versions of these clips, both metal and plastic.
It would pay to investigate them and see which ones you'd prefer to
reinstall. Personally, I find the rectangular shaped metal ones that
slide on (in the direction of the channel) to be the nicest ones to use,
PROVIDED the attach studs are properly spaced in the channel.

-Mark