<VV> Gathering parts for the final push

Stephen Upham contactsmu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 13:18:18 EDT 2007

I'm preparing to put the engine together for my 110
PG.  Should I order the heat shields (can't locate
even one in the garage - strange), or is this
something that could be installed fairly easily after
the engine is in place?  I have dual exhaust.  The
left side shield is especially expensive.

I would like to add a dash readable head temp gauge
also - thinking about it.  Is it something that can be
done just as easily later, or would it be better to do
it now?  Also, is there a less expensive ($100 +)
version than the Westach?   I do like the faceplate on
the Westach that has three openings - room to grow as
funds permit.

Stephen U