<VV> Vapor Lock or Fuel Pump NOT!

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 22 03:01:30 EDT 2007

Dirt in a carb will show up after a stop - just like vapor lock does.  Also,
after a sharp (low or medium speed) turn.  There are (of course) other
times, but in my experience these two are the most common.  The symptom will
be poor running - essentially one half the engine is getting adequate fuel.
If it has dual exhaust - this will be easy to detect by feeling how hot the
exhaust feels from each side.  OR - check the damper doors to see if both
are fully open.

The coil is (to my mind) only a remote suspect since it won't empty the carb
bowls.  The fuel delivery system - which could be pump, disintegrating
rubber hoses, blocked "sock", leak in a hard line, float setting (or stuck)
, possibly others is where I would be looking.

Points are a good point... Hee Hee.

Hey Keith... What are you doing on the 4th?  Join us in Wheaton for the
parade!

Later, JR