<VV> Will it never end?

Kerry and jan B deaconone at teleweb.net
Thu Jun 21 22:09:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

I think I am destined to never drive my car this year. Not going well,
but luck has to change right?

Question one, is there any other reason for the starter snout to break
other than ring gear issues?  Could a bad solenoid cause it? Bad bendix?
I have replaced the starter and so far it seems ok....I think.

Question two, Put top down today, went for a ride, came home and tried
to put the top up and, you guessed it, nadda. Pushing the switch down
will activate the top motor, but lifting it to raise the top and there
is no sound.

 So, how does one get to the hydraulic motor that operates the top?  I
have the manual but don't understand what they are referring to and they
suggest that you do this with the top UP, which is not going to happen
until I figure out what's going on.

Kerry, 1963 Spyder convertible....