<VV> silicone brake fluid

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:25:48 EDT 2007

Whoa!

Before you go changing types of brake fluid, you need to know more about
what you're doing (no offense intended). You can't go mixing DOT 3 fluid
(typically what you find in Corvair brake systems) with DOT 5 (silicone)
fluid. I won't even get into the argument for or against either type, but I
will say that you will, at a minimum, need to flush your current system with
alcohol or some other chemical to remove any trace of the DOT 3 fluid.

I won't even mention how I know this.

--
George Jones