<VV> silicone brake fluid

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Jun 22 13:29:28 EDT 2007

DOT 5.1 is a great idea for older systems as well... none of the
recognized disadvantages of silicone, yet the same or higher boiling
points, full compatibility with older DOT 3/4, yet less of the
disadvantages of those fluids. Several (anecdotal) horror stories about
Corvair systems and DOT 5; none with 5.1 (now being sold as "DOT 3/4
compatible fully synthetic".. with the "DOT 5.1" dropped due to consumer
confusion) and MUCH easier switchover.

Bill Elliott