<VV> heads home from the Corvair Ranch

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun Jun 24 14:48:58 EDT 2007

I just got my heads back from the Corvair Ranch.  The Valve seats and a 3 angle valve job were completed as well as pocket porting etc.  The machinist there told me that "most of the step was already removed, and some porting was done too" prior to his working on the heads so I don't know if he did any further chamber work...the only thing that looks new in the chamber to my eyes is the curve around the intake valve and the seats themselves.

     The valves were already in the heads so as far as I know all I can show you pics of are the chambers.  I have never seen stock 140 heads, nor have I ever seen anyone elses head work so let me know what you think!  This guy has a good reputation for Corvair head work but I know nothing about it.

     Also I'm trying to figure out/decide what thickness of big bore head gaskets to use (this engine is 60 over)  So if anyone has advice on deciding or figuring out what I need let me know.

For those of you who requested pictures of my heads upon their return, here they are:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1226.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1232.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1231.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1230.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1229.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1228.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1227.jpg

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe undergoing restification
www.myspace.com/vairnuts