<VV> Re: Dyno

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun Jun 24 14:31:23 EDT 2007

Why didn't YOU  run yours??  Or weren't you driving it??  GGGGG

Matt Nall
All Vairs!
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
Lots of Corvair Technical info!

Well, mine is a heap of parts right now so I wasn't driving it.  If I had
been I probably still would not have had it dyno'd for a few reasons....

1)  If I did I would then have a real (and painfully low) answer for people
who ask me how much power it's got... I'd rather tell them it was 140 before
I souped it up and let them conjure delusions of 250hp in their heads.. all
while I remain silent....

2)  Someone ran a supercharged late model grand prix on the dyno... the
crowd was all rude comments and jeers because it was under 250hp and not
impressive to watch/listen to after the long line of 400 and 500 hp muscle
cars that came before it....   My ego would have taken a nasty hit from the
spectators.

3) It would cost money!  I'm a Corvair owner... im cheap <gg> (and more
importantly broke)

(on that note I suggested to an artist who was selling cool prints at the
show that he should make a Corvair painting.... he responded that he had
considered it, but Corvair owners are too cheap to buy any of them! LOL!)

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe undergoing restification
www.myspace.com/vairnuts