<VV> Head Studs

Grant43 at comcast.net Grant43 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 25 00:56:48 EDT 2007

Hello guys:
     Thanks to all for the great info and advice on my head troubles.  I think I am beginning to get a handle on it.  One more question I had was about available methods of repairing the studs that pulled through the case.  I know helicoils and timeinserts have been mentioned but I am wondering about something I once used on a Volkswagen motor.  They had replacement studs with oversized course threads for screwing into the case in instances where it had stripped out.  Is there anything like that for the Corvair, or any chance the VW studs would work?  The reason I ask is I really don't want to strip this motor down any more than I have to right now.  A replacement stud that I can just screw in would save me a lot of time.  But of course it might not be an adequate repair either.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Grant Richardson