<VV> Head Studs

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 07:40:22 EDT 2007

Clarks also sells replacement oversized studs for the Corvairs, but those
are to be used when you're disassembling an engine and the stud backs out
due to a rusty head nut or 40+ yr old crankcase fatigue.  That's not what
happened to you - your threads are most likely destroyed if they were loose
and rattling.  ewww, yuk.  BTDT

Sorry to say, but it's most likely time for new threads.  But, fix it right
and hopefully you didn't toast the rest of it during the overheating.

Barry in SC
2 lates, 2 earlies, none on the road again.

>Hello guys:
about something I once used on a Volkswagen motor.  They had replacement
studs with oversized course threads for screwing into the case in instances
where it had stripped out.  Is there anything like that for the Corvair, or
any chance the VW studs would work?  The reason I ask is I really don't want
to strip this motor down any more than I have to right now.  A replacement
stud that I can just screw in would save me a lot of time.  But of course it
might not be an adequate repair either.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!