<VV> Overheating

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:55:19 EDT 2007

Smitty says...
put a light underneath to look for obstructions from on top.  Takes lots of
poking and prodding with something like a broken hacksaw blade and even
maybe the use of jobber length 1/8" drills to grind

And I'll add...
The log on the bottom semi-blocks the light in the area you need it, but you
can still tell pretty good.  I take a hack saw blade and cut it to a sharp
point (so it looks more like a steak knife - best analogy I can come up
with).  I cut almost 4" up the back using tin snips.  It gives you dual
purpose - ability to break thru the poor castings and saw it back to where
it's supposed to be.  I only broke one drill before I went this route and
haven't gone back, and won't.  The handles available at your local hardware
store are perfect for holding it - they allow the blade to extend out about
6 inches if you're careful.  Too long and it tends to bend.

Barry in SC
just ordered parts for the LM vert...can't wait to drive her again.