<VV> Overheating

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Jun 25 11:24:12 EDT 2007

I'll chime in here and add to Smitty's post on deflashing tools.
My weapon of choice for this chore is a version of a Stanley 4-way keyhole saw, part number 15-275. It comes with two 7 inch blades and a pistol grip handle. The blades are thicker than a normal hacksaw blade and as Smitty does I taper the point and make it sharp like a steak knife which allows you to use a hammer to penetrate the casting flash. Also I do not use drills anymore either.
I have used the same blade on many heads and many more to come.
I believe you can find this tool on Amazon for around five bucks. Money well spent I say.

Rick Norris
Member BBRT