<VV> Monza SS derivatives

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 17:48:43 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/25/2007 12:30:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tibbitts at qx.net writes:

Man I  wish they would have built that Monza SS.  That would have  been
something to see and own.  Was there ever a kit car that  approximated the
SS?

Cliff Tibbitts

Thousands and thousands of Children have "driven" the "Monza SS". Not
exactly a kit car, the body design for the SS was downsized on the outside and  up
sized on the inside to seat 4. (4-small ones) That body was placed on  many
"non-thrill" rides as merry-go-roundish car-drive rides for county fairs. I  have
seen them on dozens of rides all around the country. I even considered
trying to find the origin of the bodies and see what and how they adapted the
design. There is no mistaking those cars for anything else. They were definitely
Monza SS derivatives. Does anyone on VV know more about the rides? Then, of
course, there were the Monza and Chevy "Juniors" with go-karts underneath! -
Seth Emerson