<VV> Head Troubles...

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 25 18:52:39 EDT 2007

 > >  Ran fine until it threw a fanbelt and overheated. < <

The phrasing of this statement has me a tad concerned -- typically, when
a Corvair throws a fan belt, a bright red light comes on in the
instrument panel, and this is when one should turn off the engine and
replace the belt (or use the 'cell phone to call the tow truck'
solution). Generally this is inconvenient, but does not result in an
overheated engine.

I may have missed part of this thread, so forgive me on that --
continuing to drive with a thrown fan belt guarantees an overheated
engine and is a sure ticket to a complete engine rebuild or worse, a
replacement engine. I do worry about Corvair engines that are just
"slapped" back together ...

Good Luck!

Bill Strickland