<VV> Ed Corson (no corvair)

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 15:57:42 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/26/2007 12:25:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kaczmarek at charter.net writes:

Folks
If you never got to meet Ed Corson, you missed a treat.  Certainly a
Gentleman, in the same class as Herb.  Perhaps the Supreme  Corvair Mechanic has a big
resto job on hand, and needs some experts to  complete the job.  I'd like to
think so anyway. In the 20 years I've  belonged to this club, this is the
first time we've lost 2 prominent members  on the same day.  Ed and Herb were
friends of each other as well.

Ed was a proud Retired Veteran of the USAF. When I heard of his  passing
today, I remembered a song I heard the USAF Chorus sing once in the  60's.

"HE took the Blue from the Sky
And a Pretty Girl's eye,
And a Touch of Old Glory Too.
And gave it to the men
Who Proudly  wear
The US Air Force Blue"

"May he Soar with Wings as  Eagles"

Hank

Funny story.

When I first met Ed and we were talking about Corvair engines and his
methods he used in
their re-building. He told me he had learned many of the tricks he used
while in the Military.

I asked him when he served, where and all the usual things vets ask each
other.

He was very humble but told me he had served in both the Navy and Air  Force,
most of it in the
Air Force and had retired as a Lt. Co. or full Col.

I joked that I had spent 21 months in the Army during Vietnam... And added
"You remember the Army
don't you... They used to win all the wars until the Air Force hired a  press
agent." He dropped his wrench
and just bent over laughing.

I added...

"You better laugh. Bob Hope paid good money for that joke."

He lost it completely.

He was blessed with a great sense of humor and we had more fun singing old
Oscar Brand Air
Force ditties at our de-compression sessions after each Fan Belt  Toss.

Heaven, if it's possible, is a better place today.

Tim  Abney

Inland Empire Corvair Club