<VV> AC Corsa question / Corvair Rookie

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 26 22:45:42 EDT 2007

Hi Peter, I  encourage you and Toby to attend all of our happenings
in Detroit at the CORSA convention this July. If you haven't been to
a Corvair convention you haven't lived. We take great pride in
participating in numerous moving events as well as having our
Concours and Display. You will meet a very diverse group of
individuals who like you have an eclectic gene that causes
accumulation of unusual and orphaned automobiles ;-)

Corvairly,
Chuck Armer
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
   At 03:27 PM 6/26/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Just read Stan's message on my first visit to virtualvairs and noted
>that he's starting a registry of AC Corsas.  I had the dumb luck of
>aquiring one a year ago last winter.  Its VIN is:
>
>107376L105249 Black on black
>
>I found it on Ebay and bought it based upon photos and history -
>always in Phoenix area, just maintained not molested, just one minor
>hit in LR quarter.
>
>Status Report:  Chassis, brakes, mounts, etc. rebuilt/powder coated
>by Ken Hand (07 Convention Chair).  And now its shiny black again
>too, from bare metal up (v. minor rust found, and rear quarter was
>more expertly metal finished), new windshield, polished and NOS SS
>trim, some new badges, but chrome on bumpers, door handles, etc. ok,
>and complete new interior going in right now, except black headliner
>was perfect for some reason.  Am waiting for new center AC vent
>bezzel, AC belt gone when I got it and havent't tried putting one
>on, it needs new flywheel, plus who knows what else back there.
>
>Would love to be advised on how to benefit from your network and
>best approach to restoring/upgrading the AC and engine oil
>cooling.  This is my first Corvair and first oldie with air!
>
>Cheers, Peter
>PS:  Have web site:  www.enjoyclassiccars.com

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member