<VV> FW: AC Corsa question

Admin-Pleitner admin-pleitner at comcast.net
Tue Jun 26 15:27:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

Just read Stan's message on my first visit to virtualvairs and noted that he's starting a registry of AC Corsas.  I had the dumb luck of aquiring one a year ago last winter.  Its VIN is:

107376L105249 Black on black

I found it on Ebay and bought it based upon photos and history - always in Phoenix area, just maintained not molested, just one minor hit in LR quarter.

Status Report:  Chassis, brakes, mounts, etc. rebuilt/powder coated by Ken Hand (07 Convention Chair).  And now its shiny black again too, from bare metal up (v. minor rust found, and rear quarter was more expertly metal finished), new windshield, polished and NOS SS trim, some new badges, but chrome on bumpers, door handles, etc. ok, and complete new interior going in right now, except black headliner was perfect for some reason.  Am waiting for new center AC vent bezzel, AC belt gone when I got it and havent't tried putting one on, it needs new flywheel, plus who knows what else back there.

Would love to be advised on how to benefit from your network and best approach to restoring/upgrading the AC and engine oil cooling.  This is my first Corvair and first oldie with air!

Cheers, Peter
PS:  Have web site:  www.enjoyclassiccars.com