<VV> Ed Corson

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Tue Jun 26 20:44:15 EDT 2007

Intresting...

I first crossed pathes with Ed Corson in 1965 at Suffolk County Air Force Base (now Francis S. Gabreski Airport) in Westhampton Beach, LI, NY.
We did not know each other at that time as he was a F-101B Voo Doo fighter interceptor driver (pilot) and I was a 21 year old armament man on the flight line.
I have no doubt I loaded weapons on the aircraft he flew along with all the others. At this same time I had acquired my first Corvair, a 64 Monza.

Fast forward to 1997 and the St. Louis convention. A mutual friend from West Virginia that knew Ed introduced us. We made small talk about the Air Force and went our separate ways.

Again, fast forward to Feb. 2007. I had been posting some of my old military photos to the Webshots photo site. I emailed Ed and asked him to check them out and see if he could spot any mistakes.
He did so and then emailed me photos from his collection and gave his permission to upload them with mine. It brought back more memories as we carried on a long virtual conversation about that time in our lives.

You can see those photos at the URL posted below.

Ed, final approach, flaps down, throttle back, nose up, ......touch down...shut'er down.....your home.

Sgt. R.A.Norris, USAF 1963-67
Vietnam 1966-67
1st. Pres. CORSA 1971

http://news.webshots.com/album/557606681YBrWQz?track_pagetag=/page/photo/news/military&track_action=/DB/Album