<VV> Exhaust Question

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 26 22:54:03 EDT 2007

Hi Bill,

I usually tighten the cross pipe just snug then whack it a few times with a
rubber mallet and tighten some more.  Keep doing that until the nuts are
snug.  Drive it until the exhaust is warmed up, let it cool back off and
check for tightness again.  No torque spec that I know of. I do the exhaust
manifolds themselves in the same manner.  Some people use a thin coating of
Ultra Copper RTV, yes, RTV.  I've personally never needed it though with the
stock manifolds.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!