<VV> re:48 mpg VW diesel

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Jun 27 01:51:26 EDT 2007

OWCH.

a buddy brought his vw '06 turbo diesel around to humble me .. it worked!!
This thing is a very nice coach .... not a little butt cruncher like gm
would build, it's bigger than a toyota corolla .......but of course, his
instant readout/fuel mileage cd screen ..... reading up to 65 mpg when he
cooled it a bit .....  really hurt me !!!  cruized at about 44 mpg ....

Especially interesting when he pulled onto the main highway and burnt a
little rubber for my benefit ( from a standing start ... )  whizzzzzz.....

Go get a ride in one of these ... and then call your congressman and ask him
where the heck the ford and chevvvy versions are ....

oh, it didn[t sound or smell like a turbo diesel either ...