<VV> gear oil

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Wed Jun 27 14:57:21 EDT 2007

I am getting ready to drain and fill my transimission and differential before bolting the assembly back up to my engine.  What types of gear oil do you recommend and is there anything else I should know before I do this?

This is a performance build so I was thinking of using synthetic of some type but haven't looked into it yet, what do you suggest?  The tranny is a 66' 4 speed unit.

P.S.- thanks for all the replies on the windshield channel!  I got tons of good advice that I'll be sure to use.  The channel is only rusted through in one small area so it looks like it won't be a problem to fix.

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe undergoing restification
www.myspace.com/vairnuts