<VV> Exhaust Question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 18:59:53 EDT 2007

                                     B"H

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my
question regarding installing a new crossover pipe on
my 69 Monza 110 single exhaust.

Your ideas were very helpful and since there are no
noises coming from the joints, I feel pretty safe in
saying that the air I feel is from the shrouds and the
engine cooling system, not the exhaust.

Interestingly, it seems to me that the exhaust system
was quieter when I first got the car last November.
Now it has sort of pleasant rumble like a well-tuned
muscle car, which isn't really bad.

I also need to check my carbs, and make sure
everything is in tune.

I am impressed by the fact that the entire exhuast
system can be replaced in around an hour or so, since
everything is easily located in the rear of the car.

Thanks again folks you are the GREATEST! (and so is
the Corvair!)...Bill H. Brooklyn NY  69 Monza Hardtop
110 PG