<VV> 1962 Monza Convert with turbo on eBay - may be a Spyder

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Jun 28 13:31:08 EDT 2007

Everyone can debate whether it was a ragtop to begin with or whether
it was a Spyder or whatever.

MY biggest issue is the fact that it was a coupe with the roof cut
off.   Look at the floors.

No rocker reinforcements that were incorporated on ragtops.     Then
look at the side views of the car and note the gap at the tops of the
doors and fenders in the B pillar area.   Those reinforcements were
installed at GM for a good reason.

The hardest body flex stress point in a Corvair ragtop is at the base
of the B pillar.  If it were mine I'd have the carpet and seats out
and I'd be welding in some angle iron alongside the inner rockers to
insure it didn't bend in the middle and get "hump-backed" next time I
hit one of those whoopties in the road.   No worries in this camp,
ain't gonna be mine what with all the rain that happens around
here.  A convertible in this valley demands a good working top or it
becomes a fishbowl unless it lives indoors most of its life.

tony..