<VV> reading comprehension and "top" vs. "roof"

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 11:27:29 EDT 2007

<The AD SAYS  theTOP was CUT OFF  by "unknown PO":  seldom driven by next
PO..............

No flame... but it's called "Reading Comprehension", >

Yes, indeed the ad does say that and, yes, I indeed was able to comprehend
that when I read it, however, the fabric cover of a convertible is called a
"top" that's why when we fold it down we say the "top" is down.  In fact, the
uppermost steel portion of a coupe is called a "roof" and not a "top."  Therefore,
one could logically read the text of the eBay listing and conclude that the
seller was saying that the top had been cut off of a vehicle which left the
factory as a convertible.

"No flame" just defending my publicly impugned intelligence.

~Bill Stanley