<VV> Younger Generation - New Member?

Eric Prosise eprosise at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:40:28 EDT 2007

Last night, I was following up on a lead on a Corvair about 25 miles from my house.  When I arrived, I saw a '65 Corsa Coupe, 140, 4-speed.  The family was home, so I talked to them about the car.

It was very rust free, and 100% complete.  The father bought it last fall for his 16 year old daughter for a mere $200.00.  A fantastic purchase, and of course, now, not for sale.  We chatted a bit, and I told them about CORSA, and Corvair Minnesota, and they were both (especially the daughter) interested in becoming members.  No one in their family had ever owned a Corvair before (they have a "restored" 83 Camaro), or even new much about them until they got this one from a neighbor.  The daughter seemed to have been doing a lot of research, and was picking my brain about where to get parts, new and used, and spouting facts about her '65.

As a younger member myself, it was fantastic to see someone who just barely had their driver's license this excited about Corvairs.  I offered her any free parts that she could take from my parts stash (trying to liquidate before I move)....and I was on my way.

Just a story for everybody...have a great day.

Eric Prosise
1966 Monza Convert / w AC
Rupp Monza JR
1967 4-door 500, soon to the scrap yard