<VV> PG won' go forward

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Jun 28 11:53:08 EDT 2007

E-clip only effects shifts or the lack of shifts.  No forward
movement could be caused by a worn low band, worn low band piston
seal, blocked oil passage to the low band piston, broken or miss
adjusted low band adjustment screw, low oil pressure because of a
leaking pressure regulator valve, rear pump check valve, check valve
poppet, priming ball not seating. Usually it works the other way:
forward is fine but no reverse.
Page 6E-27 of the 61 shop manual has the complete diagnosis guide,
although I have run across several PG problems that are not listed.
Jim Davis